Weekly Lark

Weekly Lark 12/29/2010
The Weekly Lark is a prompt for the imagination: something that’s just for fun. A lark is defined as “a source of or quest for amusement or adventure”. . . so let the adventure begin!
This week’s Lark follows the New Year theme: it's almost time for New Year's resolutions. Do you have any that are book related? If not, what do you think a favorite character's resolution might be?


And our answers:
Andrea: My resolution is to read at least 5 classics this year. I also am going to strive to read 150 books in 2011.
Tevya: My reading resolution this year is to branch out. I want to be more adventurous with my genres and I want to experience more authors.
Paula: My resolution is to help my 10-year-old reluctant reader find another series she really likes. As for a favorite character’s goal: I think my friend Alice Cullen just might make me her personal fashion project- my wardrobe needs some updating! How’s that for justifying some serious shopping??
Please leave us a comment with your own answers!

Comments

  1. I love these goals! It's so fun to post them because your readers will hold you accountable :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by Melissa! I agree - Paula had a great idea here. I need to be held accountable. I tend to get stuck on one author or one genre. I want to experience more this year. There are so many good books and fabulous authors that I miss out on when I get stuck in one of my ruts. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Any suggestions on what my 5 classics should be?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great answers everyone! I think my own resolution would be to be a better writer and be a bit more innovative when it comes to blogging. I want to start trying some different things. Not just doing the same memes over and over.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great resolutions Carissa! Thanks for stopping by. I just returned the favor, and I LOVE your blog! The colors are beautiful, and your question about eReaders is great. I feel the same way!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Andrea, I'd suggest Wuthering Heights as one of your classics. I know someone who used to teach it and would be able to help you wade through it. ;) But my all time favorite is Frankenstein.

    If anyone has suggestions for my reluctant 10yo dd, she really needs help finding a great book! She and I don't read the same stuff. :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Paula - I love Wuthering Heights! I haven't read it since I was a teenager though. I got some free ebooks on my Kindle so I am going to do some of those for sure. Right now I am planning on Dracula (my all time fave classic) and The Picture of Dorian Gray.

    Has she tried Nancy Drew or the Babysitters Club? I loved those books at her age.

    What is she into? I'd love to help. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. She's made friends with the Diary of a Wimpy Kid series- other than that, not much has caught her eye. She keeps bringing home books that are book 3 or 4 in a series, without having read the first ones. . . frustrating!

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Paula - I was also a big fan of Roald Dahl at that age.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

We love your comments!