Cover Crazy: Ink Exchange


Saturday was feeling lonely without a meme of her very own. I stumbled upon the Cover Crazy meme over at The Book Worms and knew it would be a perfect thing for Reading Lark to join. The purpose of Cover Crazy is to feature a cover each week for us to admire its beauty. I really like this idea since there are so many great covers out there!

This week I chose Ink Exchange, by Melissa Marr.
I have not read the Wicked Lovely series, but I have heard great things about it. When I was looking for covers to spotlight, this cover caught my attention immediately. It's absolutely beautiful. I love all of the shades of purple. We still get the light/dark contrast, but all in the same color family. The ivory text on the deep purple is striking, and I love the font and the vines around the title. My absolute favorite part of the cover is the wings. I love how they start as her tattoo and then feather out as real wings. The actual feathers start out small and downy and then slender and elegant. I love how they point up at the tips, pushing away from her body as if they have a mind of their own. This is one of those book covers that makes me want to read the book. If I walked past this book on a shelf, I would be drawn to it. I would have no choice but to pick it up and explore the book.

Comments

  1. I really like all of the Wicked Lovely covers. Ink Exchange probably stands out the most though because of the wings and tattoo. I also love the desgins on the title. It's a really cool cover :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, I would pick this up on the cover alone! I also love how you can tell the books are all part of a series because the titles all look similar. I haven't read Wicked Lovely yet either :/

    ReplyDelete
  3. GORGEOUS! I would buy this book based on the cover! Love this meme!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It really is a beautiful cover. I literally just finished the first book in the series and posted the review. It was good but not a typical paranormal romance.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you all for spending some time with Reading Lark and taking the time to leave us a comment.

    I love the Wicked Lovely series. They are very good reads if you have the chance to give them a try. I think each cover in the series is gorgeous, but I think my favorite cover is from Fragile Eternity. Part of me almost wants to frame these covers and hang them in my house.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

We love your comments!