Top 10 Tuesday - 1/25/11

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish.

This week they asked us:



What are the top 10 books you wish you'd read as a kid?


Here's our list... (1-5 are Tevya's picks, 6-10 are Andrea's.)

1. Little Women by Louisa May Alcott - I had it sitting on my bookshelf and never read it. I'm ashamed to admit that.

2. To Kill a Mockingbirg by Harper Lee - I wish this had been required in school. I have tried to read it as an adult and it doesn't hold my interest long enough.

3. Are You There God? It's Me, Margaret by Judy Blume - I loved Judy Blume, but never made it to this one. Not sure why. I think I would have loved it.

4. Little House on the Prairie by Laura Ingalls Wilder - I loved the TV show, and I know I would have adored the books. I started reading some of them, but never finished.

5. Pippi Longstocking by Astrid Lindgren - I loved Pippi, but didn't even realize for a long time that it was a book. This would have been a fun book to read!


6. The Bunnicula Series by James Howe - How in the world did a vampire lover miss this one as a kid? I am so ashamed....

7. The Babysitters Club by Ann M. Martin - I wish that I had read this entire series in order, but I only read a few of the books and they weren't in order.

8. The Harry Potter Series by J.K. Rowling - I would have loved to have something like this to read as a young adult, but there weren't that many options for my generation. Kids today are so lucky that they have so many great options to read.

9. The Chronicles of Narnia Series by C.S. Lewis - I would have loved these as a kid, but never chose to read them until I became an adult for some reason.

10. Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher - I think every teen should read this book. It would have made me think about my words and actions a bit more. Not that I was a horrible teen, but I am sure that some of the things I said and did hurt others.


Comments

  1. The Babysitter's Club and Little House on the Prairie were too of my faves!! I wish I read HP as a kid too...I still haven't read it. *gasp*

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Jamie - I still haven't read HP either. Andrea keeps trying to get me to listen to them. I just couldn't get into the first one, and that was it for me.

    Thanks for stopping by and commenting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Jamie and Tev - You must read HP! That's an order. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Baby-Sitters Club were my favorites! And Harry Potter is a must read!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have a lot of great books listed! I'm reading HP right now. The kid in me loves it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. +JMJ+

    I'm with you on the BSC! I started reading the series last year, determined to go through the original (read: not "updated") versions in order. It's a nice personal reading challenge/project, but it's a little harder than I expected because I have to rely on used bookstores for my copies. =P I have some books on my "TBR" shelf that I can't get to yet because I haven't found those before them. =(

    ReplyDelete
  7. You should try reading To Kill A Mockingbird now. I read it a few years ago, as an adult and thought it was fantastic. I agree with Narnia. Why am I only reading it now?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

We love your comments!