Teaser Tuesday: In the Shadow of Blackbirds, A Prayer for Owen Meany, The Eternity Cure, & Hopeless


Teaser Tuesday is a weekly feature, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading.


"I lost my innocence on April sixth, 1917. And it had nothing to do with Gray's Anatomy."

"What?"

"The day this country declared war against Germany," I reminded her. "The day spying on neighbors became patriotic and boys turned into rifle targets. That's enough to take the sweetness out of a girl."

~ In the Shadow of Blackbirds by Cat Winters, Kindle Location 528-535 (ARC)



"You don't sound very well, Owen," I pointed out to him. "IF JESUS HAD TO BE BORN ON A DAY LIKE THIS, I DON'T THINK HE'D HAVE LASTED LONG ENOUGH TO BE CRUCIFIED," Owen said.

~ A Prayer for Owen Meany by John Irving, pg. 212



Every eye in the room turned as I stepped through the frame and, once settled on me, didn't glance away. Hard, dangerous, broken faces watched intently as I passed their tables, like feral dogs scenting blood.

~ The Eternity Cure by Julie Kagawa, pg. 1 (ARC)



My arms are still awkwardly at my sides, so I tentatively bring them up and wrap them around his waist. When I do this, I quietly gasp at the peacefulness that consumes me, being wrapped up in him like this. We both simultaneously pull each other closer and he kisses me on top of the head. It's not the kiss I was expecting, but I'm pretty sure I love it just as much.

~ Hopeless by Colleen Hoover, pg. 96 (eBook)


Comments

  1. Great teases!! The first set were pretty interesting! That cover creeps me out a little though! Looooved The Eternity Cure! Hope you're enjoying it too! Awesome teases all around!

    Here's my Teaser

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cover of In the Shadow of Blackbirds is a little creepy, but it goes so well with the tone and events of the novel. I'm loving the book so far!

      Delete
    2. Can't wait to get to The Eternity Cure...just rereading The Immortal Rules at the moment! So excited!!

      Delete
  2. So want to read hopeless!

    Here's mine!


    Valerie

    StuckInBooks.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Valerie...EVERYONE needs to experience Hopeless! It was utterly amazing! My review was posted on Tuesday as well!

      Delete
  3. Ok, I am definitely pining over Eternity Cure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Eternity Cure is next on my list! I think we've all been pining for it for a long time! So have you read The Immortal Rules yet, Fredamans?!

      Delete
  4. Hopeless!! I'm now intrigued by The Eternity Cure.. Hmm

    Here's mine from Safe Haven :) http://thebookishsideofme.wordpress.com/2013/02/27/teaser-tuesdays-6-safe-haven/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thebookishsideofme - Hopeless was really amazing! The Eternity Cure is the second book in Julie Kagawa's Blood of Eden trilogy! The Eternity Cure, I have a feeling, is going to be awesome!!

      Delete
  5. All great teasers! A Prayer to Owen Meany sounds a little creepy!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

We love your comments!