Teaser Tuesday: The Madness Underneath, Losing Hope, Fire with Fire, The Night Circus, & Deception


Teaser Tuesday is a weekly feature, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading.


We were sitting on top of the graveyard of the world's most infamous mental institution, which is arguably many hundred times worse than being on top of the old haunted burial grounds that things are always being built on in America. Loads of mad ghosts ... who might be disturbed by, say, a major explosion that might have, quite possibly, opened up some kind of crack that they could pass through? And they might, for instance, kill people with hammers ...

~ The Madness Underneath (Shades of London #2) by Maureen Johnson, pg. 133




I lift away from her cheek and look down at her. "Thank you." 

She smiles. "For What?" 

For being alive, I think to myself. "For being you," I say out loud. Her smile fades and I swear she looks right through my eyes and straight into my soul. "I'm good at being me," she says. "Especially when I'm with you."

~ Losing Hope (Hopeless #2) by Colleen Hoover, Kindle Location 3075 




An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth, a burn for a burn. A life for a life. 

 That's how this all started. That's how it's gonna end.

~ Fire with Fire (Burn for Burn #2) by Jenny Han & Siobhan Vivian, Kindle Location 4040 (ARC)




"I do not see as well without her. I do not hear as well without her. I do not feel as well without her. I would be better off without a hand or a leg than without my sister. Then at least she would be here to mock my appearance and claim to be the pretty one for a change. We have all lost our Tara, but I have lost a part of myself as well."

~ The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern, Audiobook Disc 5




"I can do damage enough with my bare hands. I'm not changing my mind on this." Oh, how cute. He thinks he can out-stubborn me.

~ Deception (Defiance #2) by C.J. Redwine, pg. 125 (ARC)



Comments

  1. What a great assortment of teasers. I want to read all of those books. Come see my teasers for Charmed Vengeance by Suzanne Lazear and Saving Paradise by Mike Bond. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. An interesting assortment of teasers. I have The Night Circus, just haven't got round to it yet. My teaser: Old Bones by Aaron Elkins

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heather, I'm loving The Night Circus. Move it up in your to read queue. ;)

      Delete
  3. Nice teases!! Loved the one from The Madness Underneath! Still need to read that one myself!

    Here's my Tuesday post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love them all but I really need a copy of The Night Circus.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am in LOVE with it! Our school librarian recommended it last year and I just now got around to it this summer - I wish I'd started it sooner. :)

      Delete
  5. I loved Hopeless and can't wait to read Losing Hope. Thanks for sharing all these awesome teasers.
    My TT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Losing Hope was awesome, Jess!! My review for it will be posted 8/14! :D

      Delete
  6. Thanks for checking out our teasers this week! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ladies - get/start The Night Circus NOW! :) I put it off forever because it was long and complicated. It isn't! And if you like audiobooks, get your hands on it - Jim Dale narrates and he is FAN-freaking-TASTIC! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

We love your comments!