Waiting on Wednesday: The Dollhouse Asylum


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event that is hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine where she spotlights upcoming releases.

This week I am waiting on:
The Dollhouse Asylum
By: Mary Gray
Publisher: Spencer Hill Press

The Dollhouse Asylum

This title has had my attention for about 9 months now. First, the cover grabbed me- then I read the blurb, and was completely hooked. I am hoping to get my hands on a copy ASAP!

Synopsis on Goodreads:

A virus that had once been contained has returned, and soon no place will be left untouched by its destruction. But when Cheyenne wakes up in Elysian Fields--a subdivision cut off from the world and its monster-creating virus--she is thrilled to have a chance at survival.

At first, Elysian Fields,with its beautiful houses and manicured lawns, is perfect. Teo Richardson, the older man who stole Cheyenne's heart, built it so they could be together. But when Teo tells Cheyenne there are tests that she and seven other couples must pass to be worthy of salvation, Cheyenne begins to question the perfection of his world.

The people they were before are gone. Cheyenne is now "Persephone," and each couple has been re-named to reflect the most tragic romances ever told. Everyone is fighting to pass the test, to remain in Elysian Fields. Teo dresses them up, tells them when to move and how to act, and in order to pass the test, they must play along.

If they play it right, then they'll be safe.

But if they play it wrong, they'll die.


Comments

  1. I'd never heard of it before, but it does sound so good! The cover is creeping great!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a creepy and intriguing read! Hope you enjoy it once you finally get a hold of it! Those dreadfully long waits are the worst, but seems to be more satisfying when the read is incredible!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So good to see comments from our visitors! Glad I was able to steer you toward another great read. Now off to check out your WOW posts. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Like you, the cover really drew my attention. I'm also looking forward to reading it :D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

We love your comments!