Teaser Tuesday: Embers, My True Love Gave to Me, Sinner, Arkie's Pilgrimage to the Next Big Thing, At the Water's Edge, Perdita, & Snake Eyes


Teaser Tuesday is a weekly feature, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading.


A couple more minutes passed and the rain turned to a reluctant sprinkle. I took a peek and the storm clouds were racing off to the east as quickly as they had arrived. When I finally sat up, the gusting wind had lessened to a stiff breeze and I turned into it to dry my face.

~ Embers by Karen Ann Hopkins, Kindle Location 361-364




"It's going to get worse," he said. "You're going to keep changing."
"Well, so are you," she said.
"I never change."
Mags laughed. "You're a kaleidoscope. You change every time I look away."
"Don't you hate that?" he asked.
Mags shook her head. Her nose rubbed against his. "I love it."

~ "Midnights" by Rainbow Rowell from My True Love Gave to Me, pg. 17




"You and I both know that love is for children" he said. "We're adults. Compatibility is for adults." "Compatibility is for my Bluetooth and my car," Teresa replied. "Only my car never makes my Bluetooth feel like sh*t."

~ Sinner (Wolves of Mercy Falls #4) by Maggie Stiefvater, pg. 217




How can you cut a marriage in two with Acts and Statutes? A pagan ritual might work - a bonfire and a magic spell - but not this. It is laughable. You might as well issue a speeding fine to a comet.

~ Arkie's Pilgrimage to the Next Big Thing by Lisa Walker, Kindle Location 2200-2202 (ARC)




To say that I wished I wasn't there would be a ludicrous understatement, but I'd only ever had the illusion of choice: We have to do this, Hank had said. It's for Ellis. To refuse would have been an act of calculated cruelty. And so, because of my husband's war with his father and their insane obsession with a mythical monster, we'd crossed the Atlantic at the very same time a real madman, a real monster, was attempting to take over the world for his own reasons of ego and pride.

~ At the Water's Edge by Sara Gruen, Kindle Location 241-248 (ARC)




Clare shrugged her shoulders. "That, however, is only Shakespeare's Perdita." She smiled archly. "Of course you must remember Pongo and Perdita." 
"Who?" 
"Perdita from 101 Dalmations, Pongo's mate." Clare looked at me impishly. 
"Don't you remember her? Really, Shakespeare is one thing, but not knowing your Disney! Now, that's inexcusable."

~ Perdita by Hilary Scharper, Kindle Location 430




"Go get some sleep. You still have to play innocent tomorrow and I want as many details as you can get me." 
"Yes, ma'am." 
"Hang tight, Caitlyn. In less than 24 hours, you're going to be free." 
"Promise?" 
Kaplan snickered and hung up.

~ Snake Eyes (The Masks #3) by Melissa Pearl


Comments

  1. All great teasers. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! Those all are amazing teaser. And now I have to add to my TBR pile once again. :)

    Mine this week: http://www.keeperbookshelf.com/teaser-tuesday-2

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing all the wonderful teasers.
    sherry @ fundinmental My TT ~ The Lie by Ashley Fontainne

    ReplyDelete
  4. My favourites were the teasers from Sinner and Perdita, although I forgot Perdita was Pongo's mate too! *Hangs head in shame*

    Mine is from The Walls Around Us:
    http://welcome-to-zeds-thoughts.blogspot.co.uk/2015/01/teaser-tuesday-27th-jan-2015.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. OOoh great teasers all around! Loved Sinner!

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. They all sound awesome for different reasons!

    ReplyDelete
  7. All of these are good. My True Love Gave To Me was my favorite. Made me laugh!
    My TT - http://fuonlyknew.com/2015/01/27/teaser-tuesdays-99-empty-cup-2/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

We love your comments!