Teaser Tuesday: Spelled, Rogue, The Fifth Vertex, The Given World, & Talon


Teaser Tuesday is a weekly feature, hosted by MizB of A Daily Rhythm.


Though all the major fairy tale families were coming tonight, I wouldn't exactly call any of them friends. Aside from the once-a-year gathering, I never spoke to any of them, except the occasional chat on Flitter with Cinderella, since we shared a love of designer footwear. All the other princesses were too busy, wrapped up in their own adventures to distract me from my lack of them.

~ Spelled by Betsy Schow, Kindle Location 66 (ARC)




I knew that wishing was wasted energy, and regret changed nothing, but for perhaps the first time in my life, I wished we'd had more time. If I'd known what would happen, I would have spent every moment I could with her. I would have done a lot of things differently, but it was too late now. Ember was gone, and in a few hours, I was going to die.

~ Rogue (Talon #2) by Julie Kagawa, Kindle Location 619-622




His skin was the color of the briene foreman’s drink with a drop of milk , his eyes the color of pure amber, his long, shoulder-length hair as black as night. His arms were so thick with muscles she wondered how he could move them, and, over the protests of the innkeeper, weapons poked out of his clothing like seedlings pushing through fresh topsoil. Of course , someone who looked like that eating cookies was just the finishing touch on the bouquet of strange.

~ The Fifth Vertex by Kevin Hoffman, Kindle Location 1498




Ian comes in, takes his usual place at a corner table, and nods at me. I nod back. I know I should get on my bicycle and go home, but the idea is just too damn depressing. I don't want to be lonely any night, but for some reason--maybe the twisted clarity of too many beers, or Phu'o'ng's situation, or the music, or the rain, or my brother--I especially don't want to be lonely this night. I wonder where James Taylor was when he wrote that song. Not Saigon, I bet. I bet it was someplace he knew and unquestionably belonged, and that he wasn't even all that lonely.

~ The Given World by Marian Palaia, Kindle Location 267-271




My insides fluttered, sending curls of heat through my stomach and shivers all the way down my spine. So, this was what it was like to kiss someone...and mean it. I'd seen people kiss each other thousands of times before, and I remembered Colin's wet, nasty mouth on mine, forced and disgusting. I didn't know why kissing was so popular among humans. Why would anyone want to get that close to someone's face? In dragon society, rubbing muzzles or bumping snouts was a sign of ultimate trust; you rarely wanted your head that close to a jaw that could crush skulls and breathe fire. I'd always thought of kissing as one of those common human behaviours I'd never understand. I hadn't known...it could be like this. 

Wait. I was a dragon. What the hell was I doing?

~ Talon by Julie Kagawa, pg. 192


Comments

  1. OOoh nice teasers! Loved them all! Spelled was interesting and I just finished Rogue and do believe I just read this part today! Oh that one gave me chills! I need the next book asap but Goodreads is telling me 2017 and that has to be a lie. It has to be a lie. (I'll be saying that all next year likely! LOL!) Great teasers!


    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Julie said next year when I asked on Twitter. It's going to be a long wait!

      Delete
  2. I loved all those teasers! I've only read Talon though.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

We love your comments!