Cover Crazy: X



The purpose of Cover Crazy is to feature a cover each week for us to admire its beauty. I really like this idea since there are so many great covers out there! Cover Crazy is a feature that was started by The Book Worms.


This week I'm featuring X by Ilyasah Shabazz.

The first time I saw this cover I thought the book might be a graphic novel because the cover was so vibrant and well done.

I love the motion in the figure in the foreground of the cover, contrasted with the static, photographic quality of the background.

The huge white X, which takes over the entire cover, is so effective for conveying the one letter title. And since the book is a fictionalized account of Malcom X's life growing up as a young man, the X probably should be larger than life.

What do you think of this cover? 



Comments

  1. Love the cover. It certainly makes me want to pick it up. And such a facinating idea for a novel. One I'll be checking out.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

We love your comments!