Cover Crazy: Up From the Sea


The purpose of Cover Crazy is to feature a cover each week for us to admire its beauty. I really like this idea since there are so many great covers out there! Cover Crazy is a feature that was started by The Book Worms.


I couldn't help thinking of summer when I looked at this cover. People flock to the beach when the weather gets warmer to sink their toes in the sand, let the sun kiss their skin, and frolic in the waves. In the face of so much summery fun, it's easy to forget that nature also has a fierce side. This cover calls up the destruction that the sea can bring in spite of all the positives it also provides. The lone person in the background makes me consider how alone we often feel in times of sorrow and tragedy.

In addition to the deeper things I draw from this cover, I'm also attracted to the colors and fonts.

What are your thoughts on this cover?


Comments