Cover Crazy: Wonder Woman - Warbringer


The purpose of Cover Crazy is to feature a cover each week for us to admire its beauty. I really like this idea since there are so many great covers out there! Cover Crazy is a feature that was started by The Book Worms.


After seeing the new Wonder Woman movie this weekend, you could say I'm a little obsessed with this superhero. I thought the movie was fabulous! I want to know more about Diana, so I am beyond excited about the new DC Icons series. I'm also pretty stoked that it will begin with Wonder Woman. I feel like this cover does a great job of not only staying true to the spirit of Wonder Woman, but also showcases Diana's youth. I love the background image that focuses on nature while the front images focus more on items that call to mind an industrial age. Diana's story is certainly one where archaic traditions clash with modern inventions. I love the coloring of the cover and the fonts used. I also love that the shield and logo dominate the cover since so much of Diana's life will focus on her role as Wonder Woman. Lastly, I love that they left most of her face in shadow. This will allow so many readers to picture her in her youth as they see fit rather than having to adhere to the cover image. I do suspect that many of us will see a Gal Gadot sort in our minds as we read this one though. Bring on August and the Girl Power!

What are your thoughts on this cover?


Comments